Here are Obama’s 23 Executive Orders on Gun Violence
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
Read the rest at Politisite.
Filed under: Breaking News, Politics | Tagged: 23, Background check, Barack Obama, control, executive order, gun, Gun violence, Gun Violence Executive Summary, Gun Violence Fact Sheet, Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions, list, Obama, read, violence |