Did America just give Formal Backing and $30 Billion to the Libyan Rebels who may have killed U.S. Troops in Iraq?

From a line in the movie, ‘Charlie Wilsons War’, “That ball keeps on bouncing”.   Today in Istanbul Turkey, Leaders, including  U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton voted to releases some thirty billion dollars to Libyan rebels who have admitted ties to al-Qaeda and took part in the War in Iraq and Afghanistan.  These rebels most likely are responsible for the deaths of United States and other troops.

Yes, the ball keeps on bouncing and our leaders haven’t understood the,  “enemy of my enemy is my friend”,  is not a good working foreign policy and tends to come back to bite us in the A$$ later.

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against ‘the foreign invasion’ in Afghanistan Photo: AFP

ISTANBUL — The United States formally recognized the rebel leadership in Libya as the country’s legitimate government on Friday, allowing the rebel government access to $30 billion in Libyan assets held in the United States. It is not yet clear how and when the money would be released.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said at an international gathering held to discuss the Libyan conflict that Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s government no longer had any legitimacy, and that the United States would join more than 30 countries in extending diplomatic recognition to the main opposition group, known as the Transitional National Council.

“We will help the T.N.C. sustain its commitment to the sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity and national unity of Libya,” Mrs. Clinton said, “and we will look to it to remain steadfast in its commitment to human rights and fundamental freedoms.”

Read more  Libya Rebels Get Formal Backing, and $30 Billion – NYTimes.com.

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi’s regime.
In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited “around 25″ men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are “today are on the front lines in Adjabiya”.

via Did America just give Formal Backing and $30 Billion to the Libyan Rebels who may have killed U.S. Troops in Iraq? | Politisite.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: